5 Gives You Can Do At The PlaygroundJune 21, 2018
100 Day Challenge – Guest Post by 365give Member Archana JaisinghJune 27, 2018
We are all about making the entire world happy through giving. Yes, we have people all over the world doing their daily gives, but how about giving across the world, from Canada to India, from India to South America, from South America to Mexico. There are lots of international gives you can do that do not require a flight. You can give to someone in another country without having to pay for a ticket!
International Gives Right From Your Home
- Kiva – We love Kiva. It is the give that keeps on giving. This microloan site lets you give to someone any where in the world, they pay you back and then you can give again.
- GoGetFunding – This crowdsource funding site is truly international. Give $5 to a random campaign in a country of your choice.
- Send a note of gratitude to someone who lives outside your country. This could be a friend, a friend of a friend, a family member or co-worker.
- ‘Like’ an international Facebook Page or Instagram account. Leave them a message on their newsfeed so they know you are from a different country.
- Volunteer online. This great site 7 cups of tea connects those who are lonely with volunteer listeners. Sign up to be a listener to anyone in the world. There is an application process but once you are approved you can be a volunteer when ever you have some time.
- Knit baby clothes for international babies – This is a great give in so many ways. Learn to knit or start a knitting group and donate your finished items to HOBI – Hope For International Babies.
- Sign a petition with the intention to advocate for an international one. Change.org has so many petitions to choose from!
- Share your favorite international recipe. Learning about new cultures starts with food! If you live in Canada, share an Indian or Italian recipe. If you live in The Middle East, share a european or North American recipe. If you live the US, share your favorite Mexican recipe or South American recipe. Food is the first opportunity many start to experience different countries, so lets start the recipe chain going so we all start to understand global tastes and cultures.
- Share an inspirational quote on your social media and translate it so others can read it! Translate into one or more languages! This translation tool, Free Translation, will help you rock other languages!
- Stop using plastic bottles, plastic straws, plastic cutlery, plastic plates! This helps everyone all over the planet!
So what are you waiting for? Lets…make….the…world….a….happier..place…with..a …happier….you! You’ve got this!