I love that people reach out to 365give and ask for support. I am honoured that so many organizations and individuals feel I am worthy of posting about their giving cause. One of my long time passions have been helping children in developing nations. I have had a dream that one day I will help open and support an orphanage in Africa. Heck, if I could I would adopt a child from Africa and give them a new life. Instead I do everything I can to support organizations that are making a huge difference to children that need our help. Whether it’s starting an orphanage, providing food, medical support or an education, I feel I am doing something to make a difference.
I recently got an email from a volunteer student intern by the name of Clair that is doing just that. Supporting an organization called Building Tomorrow that is helping children get an education in Africa. What better education and life lesson to learn while being a student. Lessons in compassion, understanding and philanthropy.
Day 262: Give 262
Did you know that the cost of putting 1 child in California through grades 1 – 7 is $42,416.00?
Did you know that the cost of putting 1 child in Uganda through grades 1 – 7 is $350?
That would mean that 121 children in Uganda could go to school and learn to read and write for the cost of just one in the US.
1) Donate Your Birthday Campaign: Claire asked her friends and family to join her Birthday Campaign she created right on the BT site and instead of gifts asked for a donation to support Building Tomorrow. She raised $170 that year.
2) Sit for Good: Have you ever thought about life without all the benefits that many of us have at our finger tips every day. Computers, phones, a desk, a pen or pencil. This is a great educational opportunity you can participate in at home, in your school or in your office. Take it all away for one day and see how life is for most of the children in Africa. It reminded Claire that we should not take for granted all the things that make our life so much easier.
Here are a few additional ways you can help spread the word and participate in fundraising events on your own or at school:
1) Sell Brick: $1:00 = 1 brick
…and, in time, that one brick turns into 24,000
…and 24,000 bricks builds a school
…and that school empowers a community
…and that community raises a generation
…and that generation can change the world
2) #IAMBT Campaign: On June 9th, Building Tomorrow started an awareness campaign asking followers and friends to change their Facecbook Profile Picture featuring their IAMBT logo. Long lasting awareness and support are the true building blocks for any not for profit organization. Will you show your support on FB?
3) Spread the Word: This is my give today. Whether you “Like” it on FB, Twitter your support @BldgTomorrow or email it to your friends and family let’s spread the word about Building Tomorrow. You may not donate today but you may tomorrow, or your friends may or a school may start a campaign.
Every child deserves the opportunity to be educated. Education will change their life and change our world. It will bring them opportunities to get themselves out of poverty and into a world of opportunity. Will you give a child a chance today?
Send us a comment how you will help support Building Tomorrow today.
Time Commitment: 1 hour spreading the word