It’s 9:00 pm and I still haven’t completed a GIVE today. Good blogger I am. Committed to GIVING every day for 365 days but this day has gotten away from me. It went to a number of things out my control that challenge many of us every day:
1) Son down with the flu.
2) Had to do work for paying job as giving and blogging take up most of my free time.
3) My Computer has to be wiped clean and completely reinstalled due to a bug.
4) Personally have a stomach bug.
5) Academy Awards on tonight!
But this post was not about my top 5 excuses why I am not able to GIVE every day.
The day is not over and I still have a chance to GIVE. How can I change the world and make it into bed by 10:00 pm!
Day 153: Give 153
I could have googled any number of charities and made a cash donation to complete my GIVE today. I wanted to be a bit more creative and see what I could do that wouldn’t cost me anything. What could I sign or click on that would be a larger voice to help change history?
In comes “The Pledge” to eliminate hunger by 2015. Now that I could sign. I believe there is enough food in the world for everyone and no one should go hungry. The Hunger Site has been a favourite for me since starting 365give. You can “click to give”, donate, pledge and sign a petition. You can even shop to GIVE – love that.
Today the pledge that caught my eye was to help eliminate hunger. Here are a few of my favourite ways to help eliminate hunger around the world. Some free and some a donation. We can all sign The Pledge but what will you do to change the world?
The 365give top 5 ways to eliminate hunger in the world:
1) Play the Free Rice game and donate grains of rice by answering skill testing questions. A great learning tool with the whole family.
2) Heifer International: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” This is is what Heifer International does. You buy the livestock and the village not only eats but grows it’s “investment” to create a more stable long term income. For as little as $20.00 you can choose from many different animals that will help to feed a family as well as bring in an income.
3) World Food Program: The title says it all. This program is simple. It feeds people in need and helps to create sustainable ways to eliminate hunger on a long term basis. Their “Fill the Cup” Program allows you to fill 4 cups of food for just $1.00!
4) NeoAide: “Choose your cause and donate for free!” That’s their tag line. Search and donate, free and easy. This site is a search engine that donates a large part of their marketing revenue to charity. As you search the net you can choose a charity that will receive funds from every search you do. There are 7 major organizations you can choose from with at least 3 are helping hunger issues around the world.
5) The Hunger Site: Last but not least The Hunger Site. Just one click and you have donated 1.1 cups of food. There are many ways to help from this site but the more you click the more you give. They have provided over 760,000,000 cups of food since conception in 1999.
So today is your day to change the world and help to eliminate hunger globally. Choose your way to give but take the time before you go to bed every day and GIVE. This post gives you your next five days of giving. Just do it right now. Don’t wait until 9:00 pm tonight like I did.
Give today – “be the change you want to see in the world”
Time Commitment: 5 minutes