‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse; The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.”
The story of Santa Claus originated from the legend of St. Nicholas. He was revered as the “protector and helper of those in need.”
Over the centuries the stories of St. Nicolas helping children and families in need has turned into a holiday tradition around the world of Santa Clause filling stockings with gifts. This holidays season tap into your inner St. Nick with these easy ways to give.
1) Buy or make a meal for someone in need
2) Create a special gift bag with essential items: socks, gloves, hat, blanket, toothbrush, toothpaste and deliver it to a person living on the streets.
3) Bake cookies and deliver them on Christmas Day to a community service group like your local Fire Fighters or Police Station. They never take a day off to protect us.
4) Invite a person you know will be on their own for Christmas Dinner.
5) Gratitude: Send notes (or emails) of gratitude to the special people in your life. Let them know how much you value them and the impact they have had on your life this year.
Give: Share: Ripple
Now share you giving stories. Giving inspires more giving. Join our community, sign up as a member and tell us how you tapped into your inner St. Nicolas this holiday season!