Use these animal gives to celebrate World Wildlife Day! The United Nations has designated March 3rd as World Wildlife Day, a day to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animal and plants. This year’s theme is “Recovering Key Species for Ecosystem Restoration.”
This day will be celebrated in many ways all around the globe. There will be seminars, workshops, rallies and marches. Why not celebrate and complete a simple give to mark your own commitment to the world’s animal and plant population. By helping all species, we help our entire planet and make the world a better living place for everyone.
1. Make a birdfeeder to help birds in your backyard or local park
2. Plant flowers to attract butterflies or bees
3. Go to the official World Wildlife Day website and learn about endangered species – remember knowledge is power!
4. Adopt an endangered animal through the World Wildlife Fund and help to save a species
5. Spread the word on social media about endangered species in your area and use the hashtags #WWD2022 #RecoverKeySpecies #worldwildlifeday
6. Make a video or an art piece and share it with your classmates, friends, or family to raise awareness
7. Visit a conservation site in your area and learn some local facts
8. Take a hike or walk in nature and appreciate the world around us and the habitat that many animals call home
9. Organize a beach clean up – the oceans need our help to save the many species that live in water
10. Buy local – use your consumer power to support locally, ethically sourced food and goods to help preserve precious habitats and ecosystems around the world.
There are many ways we can help preserve wildlife in our everyday actions. Awareness is the first step. Learning about endangered species in our world is one way to help preservation. By working to save habitats and animals around the world, we work toward saving our planet – together. Many little actions make ripple effects around the world, so start small and know that every action you take can make a difference.
World Wildlife Day happens every year – mark your calendar and make an annual commitment to raise awareness and share knowledge. There is so much to do in our world that life can get overwhelming, but if we take one day and make one small action, we can all make a big difference. Celebrate World Wildlife Day this year and know that anything you do will help animals around the world.
Sign up for more at 365give and take The 365give Challenge! Use World Wildlife Day to start your giving practice.