These giving ideas for your family can give a boost to your post-pandemic family life! We have been living with our families in some pretty close quarters over the past two years, pivoting how we share our spaces and learning how to accommodate everyone’s daily needs. For many of us it has been a challenge and I suspect has made it a little tense in the house. Sharing spaces while we each have different demands in our lives is not fun. But there is a way to create a better culture in our homes as we adapt and pivot to our new way of living. Though we all are starting to call our lives -post-pandemic, learning to live together again in a renewed harmony is a great way to reopen our lives and our hearts!
Giving Together Makes For A Strong Family And a Strong You!
If you are not living with your family giving is a great way to rekindle your relationships on the weekend or after your work and school is done. Sharing a moment together by giving will make you and your family feel happier. It will also give a much needed boost to your well-being! ALl of us could do that a well-being so lets get planning!
There giving ideas are designed for families. As a group or a pair, your planet, animal or people give will have a positive effect on our world. There are three points of contact when you give – the giver(s), the receiver and the observer. This gives you the trifecta when giving, odds that are hard to come by in every day life! Happiness and well-being is guaranteed!
And family can be defined anyway you want. It can be a sibling, a parent, a grandparent, an influential person in your life, a neighbour with who you feel is like family, or a friend. It could be a roommate who you share a living space with. You decide what family is to you and start giving!
10 Great Giving Ideas For Your Family
- Host a pet party at home or a local park. Invite your family members and tell them to bring their pet or a friends pet. This animal give is a fun way to get together and give our furry friends a grand celebration!
- Have a meatless meal with your family. One person can cook or everyone can bring a dish. This animal and planet give is a great way to celebrate our precious relationships with those we love.
- Create a recycled art project together. Use recycled materials only to create a family piece of artwork. It could be a sculpture make of plastic bottles, a painting using found objects at home. Be creative and have fun with reused objects that are not being sent to landfill.
- Clip coupons for those who need them. Gather grocery store flyers, go online, look in magazines. Find coupons that will save you and others money and share them with people who you know will benefit from them.
- Redo your recycling at home. Many of us recycle but all of us can do a better job! Review what you are recycling, how you recycle it and add another level to your recycling. Recycle your wet waste, find a recycling depot that takes an item you use on a regular basis. Find a larger container to take your recycling. Only you know how to recycle better so make this deeper commitment to the planet with this planet give.
- Have a 3 minute shower day! Make a game out of saving water. If it is a shower, time everyone’s shower. If it is how much water you use for washing, try and do it with less. Water is a precious resources the world over, so if you can save some, make it your planet give.
- Plant a new indoor or outdoor plant. If you love indoor plants, plant a new one. If you have a wonderful garden, plant a new outdoor plant. Our planet needs as many living plants and trees as it can handle. The more we plant, the better we are. Dig a bit deeper and look for plants that help the bees, that could provide food, that will take some the carbon out of our air.
- Coordinate a one hour volunteer project together. Look to your local animal shelter, community garden, homeless shelter, community clean up. one hour together is all you need to commit to. If you loved the experience, look to volunteer once a month!
- Write a note of gratitude to a family member. Have a gratitude day where family members write notes of gratitude to other family members. Letting others know how much you appreciate them is a great people give that spreads love and happiness.
- Do that closet clean out! Pick a closet, any closet. It could be your cleaning closet, your clothes closet, your pantry, your coat closet. Choose one and donate any unused items to a local thrift store, a shelter or a local family who could use your extra items.
365give is dedicated to changing the hearts and minds of people through small acts of giving. Dig into who we are and what we have achieved with thousands of people around the world who have taken up a daily giving habit to change themselves and change the world. Giving is easy and will make you and others happier. It truly is as easy as that!