Find Your Happiness Advantage by Giving Every DayApril 14, 2022
Book Swap Giving Ideas You Can Do at SchoolApril 21, 2022
Get ready for your workplace gives for Earth Day!! No matter how you work, at a physical workplace, a remote office or a hybrid situation, these workplace gives are a great way to celebrate Earth Day!
Here are some fast facts about Earth Day:
- Earth Day started in the United States in 1970
- Earth Day is always celebrated on April 22
- Earth Day became a global event in 1990
- One billion people recognize Earth Day thanks to social media
- 2022 is the 52nd anniversary of Earth Day!
These Workplace Gives Will Have You Participating in Solutions
- Add a plant to your workspace. This could be a community lunch room, a reception desk, your own personal desk or where employees gather.
- Review and refine your workplace recycling routine. Check that your workplace has fine tuned their recycling. If changes are needed, discuss it with your management team or make small changes on your own.
- Use re-usable coffee and water containers – If you make coffee at work, dont use paper. If you get coffee to go, take your re-usable coffee mug. If you drink water ensure you are using a re-usable container or glass. Single use plastic just is not an option any longer!
- Take a walk outside on your lunch break. Enjoy the outside and what Mother Nature provides us.
- Buy locally, source locally. If the pandemic has taught us anything, buying locally and sourcing our items locally is smart for our communities and our planet!
- Sign an online petition. If you care about how our earth is treated, sign an online petition and see how you can create change. The Petition Site is a popular place to sign petitions that help our environment.
- Have a NO Trash Lunch Day! This is a fun way to look at how to pack your lunch differently. Or how to pick up your take out lunch in a more environmentally friendly way. You decide, but make it a no trash day for your lunch.
Happy Earth Day! Our Planet Deserves Our Gives!
Have you signed up at 365give to learn about the benefits of giving everyday? Giving at your workplace can make a workplace culture more positive, more productive and increase the happiness and well-being of employees and managers. What are you waiting for? Your 365give membership is free!