Happy Campers! My Son and Husband Soaking in the Great Outdoors
Are you a camper? Do you enjoy sleeping under the stars, breathing in the clean air, and the quiet of the great outdoors?
Can you still give without internet access?
Day 320: Give 320
Share your Marshmallows!
After giving for 320 days of giving I have become a bit of an expert at finding ways to give in all kinds of situations. Camping was a new one this weekend. This was the summer to introduce our son to the art of camping. Sleeping in a tent, building a camp fire, roasting marshmallows and burning Jiffy Pop popcorn. You even get to go to bed without a bath and have a bad sleep! Oh the luxuries of camping.
Here are the ways 365give gave back this weekend while camping.
1) Pick up all you garbage: Leave not a speck behind for the birds, fish and trees to ingest.
2) Pick up garbage you find that isn’t yours (especially cigarette butts they will never bio-degrade!)
3) Recycle: If recycling bins are not provided “pack it out” with you and recycle at home.
4) Share: When camping you tend to be up close and personal to many other campers. We shared our bag of marshmallows and firewood with the campsite next to us filled with students.
5) Appreciate / Teach: By taking our son camping we had the opportunity to teach him about the beauty we live in and why we need to take such good care of the living creature we inhabit- the planet.
As much as there are so many ways to instantly “give” by tweeting, liking, texting and online donations it is always good and possible to find easy ways to give in your life every day – even while camping.
Do you have a “giving” camping story you woudl like to share with 365give? Leave a comment, tweet (@365give) or send us an email [email protected].
Time Commitment: 1 night camping
Cost: Cheaper than a hotel! Giving was free!