How Your Community Group Can Give Back on Earth DayApril 18, 2019
A Happy Work Place is Possible When You Do ThisApril 25, 2019
Happy Earth Day!! This is the day to make a planet give, so get ready. We have a list of great gives today that will help our planet and give a little love to Mother Earth! My kids love planet gives and have helped me with this list today! Love it!
Earth Day began in 1970 in the US. Today 193 countries celebrate Earth Day and look for ways to promote clean living and a healthy, sustainable habitat for people and wildlife. It is a day to observe our habits, inspire others to change one thing to protect our planet and wildlife, teach others new ways to a cleaner lifestyle, and make one change in our own lives to get closer to a better environment.
The Earth is what we all have in common. —Wendell Berry
Earth Day Giving Ideas -Make Today Count
So what will your give today be? Here are some suggestions that you can use today and throughout the year to add to your planet gives.
- Go Plastic Free! We mean really plastic free. No grocery bags, no straws, no take out containers, no prepackaged goods at the grocery store. Look into new products that accomplish what plastic has accomplished for us but are made from biodegradable materials. Check out Biofase in Mexico, straws, containers, forks, spoons made from the avocado seed. Like their Facebook page and give them some love. (Your like or comment also counts as a give today)
- Have a Book Drive or Create a Free Library – There is nothing sadder than books going into landfill. It happens, but it shouldn’t. Free Libraries are easy to set up and lets people pick a book and put in another. A Book Drive is a great way for a group of people to help out a library, a local organization or an international school.
- Share Earth Day Gives on Social Media – Share the love on social media and inspire others to do one give today for the planet. Make your own gives or us ours. #Earthday #365give #do1give
- Re-Purpose Something – Take a chair, a table, a small piece of furniture, a photo frame, or an old pair of jeans that you have stored away somewhere and are no longer using. Give it a new life and use that object again. You can upcycle these pieces as well. Give the furniture a coat of paint and donate it to a local charity.
- Donate $5 to a Sustainable Product or Idea on Kickstarter – there are some really good ideas out there that need some support to get to market. Browse through Kickstarter and donate $5 to a company who has a really good sustainable product. Don’t worry about their incentive, just donate a small amount to help them get started.
- Make a Plant Based Recipe – Whether it be an appetizer, main course or dessert (yes there are great plant based chocolate cakes and brownies) make a plant based recipe today. Show Mother Earth how much you love what she produces!
- Notes of Gratitude to Mother Earth – This will inspire others to think about the planet today. Leave notes of gratitude to Mother Earth on bulletin boards, bathroom mirrors, car windshields, or a person’s desk. Inspire others to think about their actions today and every day.
- Change One Cleaning Habit Today – Take on a new cleaning habit. Instead of using harsh cleaners in your house or office, consider cleaning with vinegar, lemon, or baking soda. These natural ingredients make great cleaners without harm to the planet. Change one thing, just one cleaning habit and use it for the rest of the year. If this feels a bit too DIY for you, find an eco-friendly product at your local grocery store.
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.—Leo Tolstoy
Earth Day Should Be Every Day!
Sign up for your free 365give membership and find out how giving every day does change the world. Read what other members are doing to give once a day, and start your own giving ritual to make the world and you a happier place.