Italians clapping for health care workers while on COVID-19 lockdown
FINDING STRENGTH IN ADVERSITY
Message from 365give Executive Director Jacqueline Way
We are currently facing unprecedented disruption in our lives – be it at home, school, work or within our communities – that has created isolation, stress and anxiety. We recognize that this evolving situation with changes outside of our control is difficult to manage.
Our mission since 2010 has been an unrelenting commitment to support our global communities with giving ideas that provide a Daily DOSE of Happiness, and we are not stopping now.
As our lives change, our commitment to giving continues to strengthen and we hope yours will as well. We have created new virtual giving ideas which enable all of us to maintain our habit of giving and adapt to new routines. Virtual giving can be one aspect to relieve the stress, anxiety and isolation resulting from #COVID-19. As we protect ourselves physically with social distancing, we can comfort ourselves emotionally and psychologically by virtually giving every day.
Ready to get started? We have a few virtual giving ideas to help you along the way and will continue to bring you new ideas on our blog. Continue to share your ideas and keep spreading kindness as you create a Daily DOSE of Happiness every day.
VIRTUAL GIVING IDEAS DURING COVID-19
- Do a NEW chore around the house
- Build a bird feeder for your garden or patio out of recycled materials
- Create artwork from items found in your garden (pressed flowers, leaves, sticks)
- Call a family member to see how they are doing
- Have a video chat with your friends to say hi!
- Video chat with your grandparents or an elderly friend
- Clean out your closets and put items aside for future donations
- Shop online to send supplies and food to others who are in need
- Cook a vegan meal for your family – try a new recipe and share the recipe with friends
- Write an uplifting message on the sidewalk in front of your house to make people smile
EMPLOYEES & REMOTE WORKERS
- Share online coupons with co-workers
- Share sick days or work a few extra hours for co-workers who need them
- Have your coffee break online with a group of workers who are working remotely – send them a coffee emoji instead of buying their coffee
- Send encouraging messages on social media to businesses you like, appreciate and miss while your routine is disrupted
- Help an co-worker with a task they are finding a challenge – use video chat, or messaging to help them through the challenge
VIRTUAL GIVING IDEAS - PLANET • PEOPLE • ANIMALS
- Share a story about your favourite local environmental charity on social media.
- Click to Give to help the planet
- Reduce food waste
- Say bye-bye to plastic bottles and straws
- Turn off all electronics when you go to bed
- Take the time to appreciate the sunset or sunrise today
- One day of the week go vegan for a day
- Post a feel good quote on your social media and tag friends and co-workers
- Play Bean Bean Bean online. Donate food to those in need
- Start a gratitude wall at home
- Turn off all devices for 24 hours and spend time with family as you wait out the crisis
- Call a friend you haven’t seen or talked to in a long time and catch up
- Like an Animal charities Facebook page and send a message of encouragement
- Randomly donate $5 to a Gofundme campaign that helps animals
- Sign a petition that supports animal rights. Make you voice count.
- Generates a positive and active home environment
- Thank a local Animal shelter employee through email for caring for the animals