10 Way to Make a Big Impact and Do Good for “Giving Tuesday”November 16, 2022
How Giving and Gratitude will Increase Your Heart Health this Thanksgiving HolidayNovember 21, 2022
It’s almost here! GivingTuesday is the world’s largest global generosity movement that unleashes the power of “radical generosity.” In just one day, GivingTuesday 2021 shattered previous fundraising records. Donors gave almost $3 billion last year despite the ongoing challenges of the global pandemic. Imagine if the world could double down their generosity and goodwill to make 2022 a year that changed everything. GivingTuesday celebrates all act of giving and generosity. Find ways that work best for you including donations, the power of purchasing, volunteering, acts of kindness, using your voices, time, and talents. We have some ideas for Holiday shopping that will do good and goodwill with every purchase!
5 Easy Ways to Double Generosity and Goodwill Shopping Online
- Brushd: Buy an eco-friendly toothbrush for yourself and Brushd will gift one to someone in need on your behalf! Brushd makes brushing so sweet! You get a wonderful, eco savvy toothbrush (giving to yourself counts) that give to the planet, but they also help support better dental health around the world. Each time you buy a toothbrush, they gift one to someone in need on your behalf. We could call this a three-way act of generosity and giving for GivingTuesday!
- BetterWorldBooks: Book for Book – It’s so simple. Every time you buy a book from BetterWorldBooks they donate a book to someone in need. And it’s one less book that has gone into a landfill or dump thus saving our planet – one book at a time! To date over 26 million books have been donated, 28 million raised for literacy, 320 million books reuse or recycled! Now that’s changing the world one book at a time! Check it out for your next book and double your generosity today!
- This Saves Lives: Snacks with Purpose: Child hunger is preventable, treatable, and curable. This is where This Saves Lives comes in. Every bar purchased has a double impact. Each bar is wholesome food filled with real, non-GMO ingredients. Every kid’s product contains a full serving of fruits and veggies! Then it’s shared. Each bar purchased a bar that is truly needed is given to a child that is dying from hunger. To date over 30 million bars have been donated. They goal is to end world hunger one bar at a time with the help from all of us.
- Twice as Warm: Spread Warmth: The Twice as Warm project began on a ping-pong table in 2010. They had a simple goal: To provide new winter clothing to people in need. Each purchase provides a new clothing item with a easy model ‘Wear One, Give One.’ To date they have given out thousands of hats and scarves and their items are super cool. Make your holiday shopping have double impact and goodwill to others.
- Double The Impact: Give to 365give! We don’t ask often but we have something special coming down the pipes and we need your support! Every donation received until December 31st will be matched by The West Vancouver Foundation! Every $5 donation gives us the ability to keep our programs free for everyone! Our volunteers work tirelessly to be a force for good in our world and we need your support to Teach, Inspire and Empower youth (and really everyone!) to be the force of good for our tomorrow. Click here to give right now!
Changing the World – Together
Changing the world is easier than we realize. We all need to take a moment every day and do what we can I do to create the ripple of change. Let’s start today and double our impact! We have so many ideas to inspire you: Check out this post for more ideas for GivingTuesday or sign up for a daily giving idea sent directly into you inbox 365 days of the year!