How Volunteering Makes You HappyApril 15, 2019
Earth Day Gives At Work, Play and With OthersApril 22, 2019
Every day can be a planet give day, but Earth Day, April 22, 2019 needs to be a planet give on your weekly giving calendar. We love that our 365give members give to the planet throughout the year, some even once a week. If you have not joined the 365give Challenge yet as a Community or Youth Leadership Group, use Earth Day as your first giving day. We know you are going to love completing your first give!
Earth Day Gives You Can Do As a Community Group
These Earth Day gives are perfect for a group of people. Gather your group and take a vote on which give you will complete on April 22, 2019. Use one of our ideas or come up with your own.
- Go for a Group Hike – Get out there and go for an hour walk in your local park, forest, beach, rain forest, meadow, state park or national park. Get out in some natural space and enjoy what Mather Earth has to offer. Celebrate these amazing green spaces as a group.
- Plant a Tree – Raise some funds and plant a tree in your community. This is a fun group activity and way easier when there are 20 hands to plant a tree than 2. Dedicate the tree to a local environmental hero or Mother Earth herself.
- Collect Gently Used Clothing and Donate To A Local Shelter – We all have one piece of clothing we no longer wear (some of us have brand new clothing in our closets we have never worn). When a group collects one piece from their closet, the donation has a great impact on a local shelter. The clothes will be saved from landfill.
84 percent of unwanted clothes in the United States in 2012 went into either a landfill or an incinerator.
- Volunteer at A Community Garden – Find a local community garden and volunteer for a few hours. Working in local green space, helping people grow their own food, and preserving the art of plant based eating is all great for the earth. Help others preserve the planet.
- Shop Local – Grab your shopping lists and start shopping locally. This is a fun outing at a local farmers market, sustainable clothing store, pop up coffee shop, or local artisan beauty store. Save the planet with your money and buy local.
- Click to Give – Think of the impact your group can make on a rainforest. If you all click to give on the Greater Good Site that saves the rain forest, you are doing a world of good on April 22.
- Gratitude Campaign – Leave facts about the environment around your neighbourhood or gratitude notes to Mother Earth. Teach others, through your own local Earth Day campaign, about why we need to protect the earth and ways they can do it each day.
- Exchange Plant Based Recipes Within Your Group – Have you ever made avocado brownies, Beet Chocolate Cake, or a Spinach and Pineapple Popsicle. These plant based recipes are hit and worth swapping with others. Removing processed foods and animal based products from your desserts helps the planet one baked good at a time.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mahatma Gandhi
Use Earth Day To Start Your 365give Challenge
Why not sign up for your free 365give Community Group and Youth Leadership Membership and start showing the world how you can give as a group. Inspire others, inspire yourselves, and help the planet, people and animals.