Why #giveeveryday? To 365give a small group of thoughtful committed citizens includes everyone – especially children. We believe if you teach and empower children to give every day and they will be the next generation of world change makers.
“Never doubt that small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margret Mead.
Students at Pauline Johnson Elementary School in Vancouver started The 365give Challenge just a few weeks ago so they could #giveeveryday. They have been empowered by their teachers to give every day and they are showing their community the positive impact they can make.
Here are 5 daily gives they have completed that will inspire you to #giveeveryday.
1) Kindergarten students raise $225 for Wally at The Vancouver Aquarium by doing do additional chores at home and using their personal piggy bank savings as donations.
2) Grade 2 students make 146 dog biscuits to donate to Paws for a Cause.
3) Kindergarten students make special packages for volunteers at North Shore Rescue.
4) Grade 4 students make art, poems and cards for seniors to make them smile.
5) Grade 4 did a shoreline clean up to support our environment and wildlife.
These kids rocked it in their classroom and feel better for it. Ask any of them how #givingeveryday made them feel about themselves and their classmates. There was a shift in their happiness that they want to keep nurturing. We love stories like these and are so thankful for their participation in 365give.
Want to learn more about the 365give Challenge for your school or club. Contact us today and we will help your school change the world one day, one give at a time. Better yet sign up your classroom or school for a free membership that will inspire you to give everyday! It is as simple as that.