Daily Giving Inspiration – Find Things At Home For Your Next GiveMay 13, 2019
7 Ways to Make A Bottle of Water Your Daily GiveMay 20, 2019
Our volunteers are proof that giving does makes you happy. Their ongoing contribution to 365give makes us happy, our members happy and them happy. It also makes the world a happier place. Jacqueline Gilchrist has been a volunteer writer since September 2018 and we love her contributions. As a Canadian post graduate student her plate is full, but she thankfully finds time to inspire others by writing for our blog. Read her posts here.
Jacqueline brings so much to the table, including her own personal desire to change. Her post-graduate work in International Development in addition to her degree in International Development and Globalization from the University of Ottawa compliments her passion for helping others. Her volunteer and educational pursuits has taught her the importance of giving. She believes that the power of giving will help create peace and happiness in communities.
Featured Volunteer – Jacqueline Gilchrist
We recently had a virtual chat with Jacqueline to understand why she volunteers with 365give. Here are her inspiring insights and answers.
- How did you become interested in 365give? I became interested in 365give after searching for new and fulfilling volunteer opportunities. I had been looking for a meaningful way to contribute my time, and came across a call for volunteer writers from 365give. After looking into the website, and hearing Jacqueline’s talk about daily giving, I became inspired!
- Why did you want to volunteer at 365give? The idea behind 365give was putting into words and action a philosophy by which I was already trying to live my life. The idea that it had been turned into a movement was so uplifting, and the opportunity for me to contribute to this movement was one that I could not pass up. I love writing and I love giving, so I knew that this was a great way for me to combine the two passions of mine into one outlet.
- What have been your greatest rewards while volunteering at 365give? Since volunteering with 365give, I have been able to learn about a whole new world of ways to give. Before volunteering here, my ideas of giving were often grandiose and major, but volunteering with 365 has given me a chance to see that even something as simple as smiling, or holding open a door can be fantastic ways to give back to the world daily.
- Have you volunteered at other organizations? If so where? I have volunteered at other organizations! I currently volunteer as a writer and office assistant at the Global Sunrise Project, but I have also volunteered at a number of soup kitchens, women’s organizations (specifically the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace and the Canadian Federation of University Women) in addition to volunteering abroad in both Peru and Malawi with various church organizations.
- What is your most inspiring give? For me I think the most inspiring give is actually just the simple act of listening. Whether you’re listening to someone who has had a hard day, or you’re listening to someone who is talking about a passion of theirs, this action can go a long way!
We Love Our Volunteers!
A big Thank you to our volunteers! Want to join our volunteer team? Send us an email and let us know what interests you. Whether this is your first volunteer position or your hundredth, changing the world is great mission to have. Be the change you want to be in the world, and send us an email.